Secret #3: Winning Brands Know What’s Working & What’s Not
What’s the point of creating and posting content?
It should be to drive business results. Content is what creates engagement and engagement is what drives business results. Here’s typical marketing metrics brands use to drive business results:
Increase positive sentiment
Increase share of voice
Increase awareness, interest, consideration, intent
Increase lead conversions rates and sales
Loyalty, Brand Advocacy and Referrals
So if you want to get a return on your investment for your digital and social media initiatives you need a way to measure your engagement results. That way you can hit your business objectives and goals as well as get buy-in from executives stakeholders for budgets. But if engagement is low, then the business results are going to be lower. So it’s important to know what else can hinder high engagement capabilities.
Why aren’t typical social media listening & monitoring tools aren’t enough to help you drive higher engagement?
If you are using social media listening and monitoring tools that are keyword based, i.e., post- 2009 you are missing data that provides your social media engagement ranking compared to your cosmetic industry competitors.
Why should your customers’ interests drive your engagement strategy?
The only thing that can tell you how your brand ranks compared to your competitors is interest graph data. Interest graph data looks at what is important to your customers. Without it brands and their agencies are essentially creating content without knowing:
What appeals to their target audience?
What makes a great post and,
How they stack-up against their competitors?
How does interest graph data work?
It is like one big, highly accurate, ongoing focus group. It measures the collective cosmetic industry audience’s interests and their interactions. This type of information is key because it’s based on the context of cosmetic consumer’s collective actions with content that is interesting to them, i.e., their “interest graph.”
Stay tuned as I delve more into secret #3!
Dr. Natalie’s Executive Success Acceleration Firm™
Executive Business Strategy Advisor & Social Customer Experience Industry Authority & Consultant
The Doctor Knows Social Media ROI & Our Business Strategies Rx Get Results!
Our Motto? Be Awesome by: Learning, Sharing & Growing!
What we do: We work with companies to deliver increased revenue and decreased costs:
- Executive Leadership Guidance on Strategy and Business Use of Social Media
- Social Media / Business Benchmark Assessments – Tell you what you got/ what you might consider
- Social Media ROI – set-up measurement capabilities and dashboards
- Workshops on Business Strategy: Customer Experience, PR, Marketing, Customer Service & Internal Employee Advocacy
- Instructor MEMES Summer Institutes at UCLA Anderson & UCLA Extension
- Customer Experience / Social Customer Service Excellence Benchmarking Assessments & Advisory
- Software Company Visualized-ROI, Persona-based Solution Selling w/ Targeted USP & Messaging / ebooks, White Papers, Webinars…
- Social Media Training, Organizational Change, Motivation and Goal Setting