DCX Podcast #9
Welcome to the DCX podcast, where I interview leaders in the customer experience base about how digital is changing the landscape and how you can leverage these changes for success in your business.
Today I’m excited to be talking with Dr. Natalie Petouhoff, a senior advisor to the CEO at Genesys, Tony Bates, who is also her co-author of Empathy in Action, How to Deliver Great Customer Experiences at Scale.
Today we’re going to talk about empathy, a huge topic that I’m very interested in, and technology and how you can bring them together in support of building great customer and employee experiences.
7 Key Takeaways:
- Natalie has a Ph.D. in high energy particle physics – her first job made her realize how customer-centric she was (1:03)
- She wrote Empathy in Action to present a different economic construct that is customer-focused (5:12)
- We have entered what Natalie calls the 5th industrial revolution (9:22)
- Stop choosing technology that doesn’t help the customer (13:14)
- The three pillars of Empathy in Action (16:17)
- Here’s what an orchestrated experience looks like (20:07)
- Focus on the long term (22:35)