The keys to New Belgium Brewing’s success are not just the beers it creates. It’s also having a focus on
environmental responsibility and dedication to modeling core values and beliefs as part of the
everyday culture involved in brewing “green” beer.
New Belgium Brewing believes culture isn’t about what you say or post;; it’s about what you do.
The New Belgium Brewing culture was brewed even before a bottle of beer. It started when Kim and Jeff
hiked into Rocky Mountain National Park with a pen and pad. Together, they wrote down
what they wanted to instill into their business dream. The company’s core values and beliefs
were and are:
1. Remembering that we are incredibly lucky to create something fine that enhances
people’s lives while surpassing our consumers’ expectations.
2. Producing world-class beers.
3. Promoting beer culture and the responsible enjoyment of beer.
4. Kindling social, environmental and cultural change as a business role model.
5. Environmental stewardship: Honoring nature at every turn of the business.
6. Cultivating potential through learning, high involvement culture, and the pursuit of
7. Balancing the myriad needs of the company, our coworkers and their families.
8. Trusting each other and committing to authentic relationships and communications.
9. Continuous, innovative quality and efficiency improvements.
10. Having fun.
Want the full report? Download it here.