HootSuite Managed Security & Compliance Services educate and empower enterprises to protect their brand and reputation
To help enterprises protect their brands as they scale social media across their organization, HootSuite has announced the launch of its Managed Security and Compliance Services. This new offering provides organizations with security and compliance tools to protect their brand and social media assets from internal and external threats. This is critical that organizations figure out social compliance. It’s one thing to focus on engagement of your customers. It’s another to make sure that ALL the engagement is of the type of engagement is “on brand” and keeps the brand in integrity.
“While businesses have adopted social media in record numbers, the lack of governance puts enterprises at risk for online security and compliance breaches,” says Greg Gunn, VP Alliances, Business Development, and Platform at HootSuite. “Our new managed services are designed to equip the enterprise with the right tools and response plans so they can safely use social media to grow their business while protecting their brand.”
HootSuite’s Managed Security and Compliance Services creates a secure, complete environment for policy management and enforcement across an enterprise’s entire organization, protecting its brand and data against a full spectrum of security and compliance threats. This is even more important for organizations within regulated industries such as finance, healthcare and insurance, as well as those that are publically traded and require persistent monitoring of their brand reputation.
Who’s using it? Check out ING DIRECT. “The nature of social media means that your brand’s reputation is often at risk,” says Jaime Stein, Senior Manager of Social Media at ING DIRECT. “Therefore, it’s important to have your team aligned and prepared to handle any situation that could compromise customer service or brand reputation. HootSuite’s Situational Simulation prepared our communications team for our recent company re-naming launch so that when it took place, our team was able to handle the response from our clients and the public effectively and efficiently.”
HootSuite’s new Managed Security & Compliance Services features include:
- Social Media Asset Audit: Identify and govern both authorized and unauthorized social media profiles. The audit creates an Access Control Map, which allows administrators to outline legitimate profiles and determine which users can post to those profiles. We also help to remove illegitimate profiles to restore brand reputation.
- Situational Simulations: Create a response plan for managing situations that could cause a drastic spike in activity volume on Twitter or Facebook. The exercise then engages users across the organization to react to a social media surge in a controlled environment using the HootSuite dashboard. Upon completion, HootSuite provides an executive summary and recommendations on ways to enhance the process and strategy.
- Social Media Profile Monitoring: Monitor company-owned social media profiles for any security and compliance breaches. This ongoing service provides custom notifications when changes are made to account profiles to provide prompt alert if a hijacking occurs, and real-time content moderation to ensure all content conforms with predetermined compliance policies.
To learn more about managing risk in the enterprise, sign up now for HootSuite’s live webinar, “Managing Risk In a Social Organization: What Every CIO Needs to Know,” on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. EST. The webinar will feature insights from Nick Hayes, Security and Risk Analyst at Forrester Research; Lissette Santana, Branding and Stakeholder Communications Manager at PPL Electricity; and Sharad Mohan, Director of Customer Success at HootSuite.
- Webinar Registration: http://wcc.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=lobby.jsp&eventid=751188&sessionid=1&mode=preview&key=2C538DF01A8DB6DBFD2B4442986C44D9&previewtype=prelive
- Managed Services: http://socialbusiness.hootsuite.com/hootsuite-managed-services.html
- Blog Post: http://blog.hootsuite.com/hootsuite-managed-services
- Media Kit: http://media.hootsuite.com/media-kit