Constellation Research is launching a new program, and I’m happy to share the Constellation ShortList™ for Social / Digital Media Listening / Monitoring/ Engagement Platforms. The program offers buyers of technology a list of offerings to consider in their pursuit of digital transformation.
Social, digital media listening, monitoring and engagement platforms are designed to build better brand engagement to drive customer loyalty and advocacy. The Constellation ShortList presents vendors in different categories of the market relevant to early adopters. In addition, products included in this document meet the threshold criteria for this category as determined by Constellation Research.
This Constellation ShortList of vendors for a market category is compiled through conversations with early adopter clients, independent analysis, and briefings with vendors and partners.
Social / digital monitoring / listening and engagement solutions include listening, monitoring, analytics and intelligence, and engagement capabilities.
Social listening platforms capture online conversations based on the specific search query, offering key insights through the analysis of those conversations. These solutions are designed to evaluate a company’s activities and inform them on an overall social/digital media strategy. Often data from online can highlight every part of the business – from product launch and development to manufacturing and delivery.
Companies can develop social/digital strategies based on the insights gained through social/digital media monitoring. When a brand focuses on the highest potential markets or groups identified through market segmentation and influencer analysis, they can identify the optimal conditions for brand engagement and advocacy.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Acquire real-time social/digital insights to inform social/digital media engagement and communication plans
- Optimize design of advertising and marketing campaigns, as well as customer service engagement based on customer insights
- Data management, data acquisition, export, archiving and API integration
- Data analysis and visualization, media statistics, sentiment analysis, influencer profiling and analysis
- Trend analysis, topic and theme analysis, word/tag cloud, competitive monitoring and analysis
- Predictive analytics, campaign monitoring and measurement
- Process management and user interface, data dashboard, workflow management, engagement capabilities, publishing, CRM.
Constellation evaluates over 50 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
- Crimson Hexagon
- Nielsen Social
- Oracle Social Engagement & Monitoring
- SAS Customer Intelligence
- Sprout Social
For more information, please see the Constellation Research website.
@DrNatalie Petouhoff, VP and Principal Analyst, Constellation Research, Covering Customer Facing Applications