The Social Media Club/LA (SMCLA) today announced it will present, in cooperation with sponsor SAP, a panel discussion on social customer relationship management (CRM) titled “Loving Your Customer.” In this second SMC_LA presented panel discussion of the year, speakers will highlight how customers can tap into the latest mobile trends to get the most benefits from their social programs.
The discussion will take place on Tues., Feb. 21, from 6-10 p.m. at the ING Café in Los Angeles. Dr. Natalie Petouhoff, president of SMCLA, will moderate the discussion. She will be joined by speakers Jon Ferrara, CEO of Nimble; Gary May, president of Interactive Marketing and Consulting Services (IM@CS); and Charles Miller, director of Digital Care and Social Media, Mobile Smartphone at Direct TV. To learn more about the presentation or to RSVP, please go towww.socialmediaclub.la.
The Social Media Club of Los Angeles focuses on the unique mix of entertainment, technology and culture that makes Los Angeles an epicenter of the next evolution of the Internet. It hosts monthly panels on topical and relevant social media issues. Its February panel discussion will be presented in sponsorship with SAP, the market leader in enterprise application software, which also offers leading social CRM solutions.
“Today, SAP is on innovation hyperdrive,” said Vinay Iyer, vice president, Global Marketing, SAP CRM. “With a user-centric lens on big data, mobility, cloud and social technologies, we are helping our customers have more relevant and smarter 360-degree conversations with their customers like never before, without requiring them to dig into existing ERP and CRM foundations every time. Not only can our offerings inspire social marketing efforts, but SAP is also an exemplar of social in-bound and out-bound marketing practices. We grew our own social channels two-fold last year, and we’re leveraging best practices through our participation in Social Media Club/LA.”
SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device, SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
About Social Media Club LA
Who is SMCLA?
SMCLA is a non-profit, volunteer-based club. Members of SMCLA include influencers throughout the Los Angeles community who range from tech, marketing, PR, entertainment, entrepreneurs, and media to name a few. SMCLA panels typically draw 100-150 in-person attendees and when livestreamed, an additional 400+ who tune in via our video webcast. Our panels have already covered the movie and music industries, branding in Social Media, search engine marketing and more.
What is SMCLA?
The Social Media Club of Los Angeles focuses on the unique mix of entertainment, technology and culture that makes Los Angeles an epicenter of the next evolution of the Internet. Founded in July of 2008, SMCLA hosts monthly panels on topical and relevant Social Media issues.
Find Us Here:
# # #
SAP and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries.
All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies
Jon Ferrara, CEO, Nimble
Today, business has changed. With the advent of social media, email, IM, text messages and more, businesses are overwhelmed by the myriad applications needed to listen to and engage with their customers. The question is no longer how to stay connected – but how to efficiently and cost-effectively build business relationships given multiple communication channels. From that new need sprang Jon Ferrara’s latest innovation: Nimble.
After two years of development and thousands of real world users, Nimble has emerged as the next evolution in relationship management – the only web-based solution that brings together all of your contacts, calendar, communications and collaborations in one simple, free platform.
Gary May, President/Consultant, Interactive Marketing and Consulting Services (imacsweb)
IM@CS continually evolves to build, educate on and support platforms in critical sales, branding, process, media and best practice application for forward-thinking companies and those trying to grasp the online space. We work with retail, manufacturers, portals and service providers that have a large consumer-facing business, primarily in the automotive industry as well as luxury and specialty markets and other high-end services.
IM@CS also specializes in working with companies investigating opportunities within the automotive market to make sense of a diverse and dynamic environment, providing insight, direction and solid fundamentals to achieve success.
Overall we provide greater opportunities through brand awareness, reputation management, process improvement and sales organization coaching for companies looking to create sustainable improvements and add to their bottom line.
Charles Miller, Director, Digital Care and Social Media / Mobile Smartphone Support Strategy, DIRECTV, Inc.
Forrester Research and Frost & Sullivan seek out his insight for studies, publications have noted his expertise, and case studies are now featured in recent business books for adapting business practices based on online feedback. Expert Social Media practitioner featured on Mashable, ComputerWorld, ZDNet, Financial Times of London, and CNNLive.com
Dr. Natalie Petuohoff Dr. Natalie, a former social media Forester Analyst, heads up the Social Media Executive Education Division at UCLA and is President of the Social Media Club Los Angeles. Her experiences as an Ad Agency executive and management consultant provides unique business insights that she shares as an accomplished keynote speaker, quoted expert and featured guest expert on TV and radio. Dr. Natalie helps companies understand how social media affects the bottom-line and to create executable strategies that provide real business value. She does this by benchmarking the “As Is” state of social media initiatives and compares them to “Could Be” via best practices. With this insight, businesses can create a world-class social media and digital presences and monetize their investments. Dr. Natalie wrote the world’s first social media ROI calculator.
Hope to see you there!
Learn. Share. Grow!
Ebook: Social Media ROI Myths and Truths
New Book on Facebook: Like My Stuff – How to Monetize Your Facebook Fans With Social Commerce & A Facebook Store
YouTube Videos: On ROI of Social Media
G+ : Google Plus posts
White Papers: Social Media ROI
- US-based social CRM startup Nimble launches a UK hub to cater for big demand in Europe (thenextweb.com)
- The Social Media Lifecycle [Infographic] (pamorama.net)
- Social Media Planning: First Step, Discovery (business2community.com)
- 8 use cases for social media and associations (socialfish.org)
- How Pinterest, Quora, About.me and Twylah Won’t Solve Your Marketing Problems (business2community.com)
- Nimble uses seed funding to take on Salesforce with “social CRM” (exclusive) (venturebeat.com)
- Introducing Social CRM (and SocialCRMInfo.com) (joeystrawn.com)
- Social media replacing CRM system – huh?? (brainmachine.mozganostroj.com)
- A Definition Of Social CRM That You’ll Actually Understand (adammetz.com)
- Social CRM Faceoff: Radian6 vs. JitterJam (business2community.com)
- Google Ventures, Mark Cuban And Others Invest $1M In Social CRM Startup Nimble (techcrunch.com)
- Meet Customers’ Needs with an “Outside-In” Approach (destinationcrm.com)
- Leveraging Social Media Club to Make 2012 a Year to Remember (socialmediaclub.org)
- Social Media Clubhouse Newsletter (1/19/12) (socialmediaclub.org)
- SocialMediaClub.org will ‘go dark’ on January 18th to protest SOPA and PIPA (socialmediaclub.org)
- Social Media Week: #SMW12 So Far (socialstudiesblog.com)
- Permission To Fail (darmano.typepad.com)
- Nimble launches 2.0 customer relationship management to help brands beef up their social presence (venturebeat.com)
- CRM Strategist Brent Leary on Social Media and Customer Relationship Management (VIDEO) (bizblog.blackberry.com)
- SAP Embraces Cloud, Mobile Solutions (destinationcrm.com)
- CRM at Its ‘Most Social’ and Nimble on Nimble? (web2.sys-con.com)
- SAP CRM Business Partner (slideshare.net)
- Engage Now to Build Advocates in a Crisis: Using Social Media in Crisis, Pt. 2 (socialmediatoday.com)
- Social Media Lessons From The Front Lines (cmo.com)