About the SuperNova Awards
Jive Circle: Useful Employee Directory App That’s A Secure Way To Quickly Search, Discover And Connect With Colleagues
Jive Software, Inc. (Nasdaq: JIVE), announced a new mobile application with the release of Jive Circle. Jive Circle is a secure app for employees to quickly search and discover other employees in their organization. Jive Circle seamlessly integrates with the Jive Chime real-time messaging app, which provides employees a fast way to connect with colleagues.
I generally don’t write about the future of work or employee-facing applications. However, I see the importance of them. Why are they so important? I cover the customer-facing applications. And how an employee treats a customer is directly related to how they feel about the company they work for, the tools they have to work with and how easy it is to get their work done. If the employee experience is bad, it’s difficult to expect the customer experience to be good.
With the world increasingly mobile and with workforces are more dispersed than ever, people are looking for new ways to instantly reach colleagues. Jive Circle, is driving innovation in the way employees connect. And when employees connect, customers get the help they need, and the customer experience is better. It’s really that simple.
What is Jive Circle? It’s a:
- A dynamic employee directory for quick search, discovery and connection with teammates. Employees can quickly search a visual organization chart and identify subject matter experts across the organization. A simplified browse feature allows employees to easily filter and find information about their colleagues. Once a colleague is identified, a press and hold feature prompts connection icons for immediate contact via click-to-call, email or Jive Chime. Soon, Jive Circle will also feature a new calendar sync function that gives insight into who within the organization is joining meetings.
- Enhanced security with the ability to add, edit and deactivate users. An ISO 27001 certified company with more than fourteen years of experience in the communications software space, Jive developed Circle with industry security best practices such as third-party testing and leverages the security of the Amazon Web Service environment. Additionally, IT administrators can easily import employee information to create accounts and build out their organization for the app, plus Jive Circle is built as SaaS, cloud-based software, which does not require any IT maintenance or installation.
If you are really curious, go see more at www.jivesoftware.com/circle. You can subscribe to updates regarding the Jive Circle early access program. It is available across iOS and Android devices.
How are your employees connecting to make better customer experiences?
@DrNatalie VP and Principal Analyst, Constellation Research
The Dreamforce-related announcements are already starting to come in. Today ServiceSource announced a Customer Success solution powered by Salesforce1. Mike Rosenbaum, EVP, Salesforce Platform said, “The Salesforce1 Customer Platform is a game changer for developers and partners because it helps them build engaging, next generation apps to connect with customers in a whole new way. By opening the platform, we have made it possible for customers and partners to get their apps and data in one place, where everything is connected and in the context of their business.”
Are you a B2B business and want to make sure that your customer not only buys, but renews with you? The latest in this area is called Customer Success Management. These type of vendors not only manage the beginning of a relationship with a company but also have very smart analytics to help you see if the company is happy with your product or service way before renewal time. This is key in SaaS businesses because instead of selling the old way – on premise with maintenance upgrades, if a company is not happy with the SaaS solution, they can decide to not continue the contract. It’s much easier to switch than it used to be. And that’s what companies need to know if their clients are happy- not just at the time of sales, but throughout the life of the product / service, so when renewal time comes along, it’s a yes!…
What this means to you, if you are B2B business, is that you are enable to provide customer success teams with a platform-oriented way to implement proven success plans and engage users with planned, high-value activities that drive customer lifetime value, reduce churn and ensure customer satisfaction.
ServiceSource is a global leader in cloud-based recurring revenue management solutions. So if your company wants to provide better service for customers to drive growth and build long-standing relationships across the customer lifecycle, this may be a vendor to look at. ServiceSource has a comprehensive data management, analytics, automation and services capabilities. They deliver higher subscription, maintenance, and support revenue, improved customer retention, and increased business predictability through their Renew OnDemand®, Scout® and proven services offers.
The new features include:
- Inline Customer Health Monitoring: Embedded account status indicators and metrics within the Salesforce1 Platform visibly show how customers are using a product to consistently measure customer success at scale.
- Tailored Customer Plays: By combining subscription- and user-level predictive analytics with pre-planned plays, sales and customer success teams will engage each customer in exactly the right way, at the right time.
- High Volume Effectiveness: “Focus Categories” help customer success reps efficiently and effectively manage more accounts by pinpointing high-value customers that require immediate attention.
- Structured Success Plans: Customer success plans provide clear visibility into the unique journey each customer takes with a company’s products and organization. Every plan incorporates a timeline view that shows where the customer is located in the lifecycle, prior activities as well as future actions required for a successful renewal.
- Streamlined User Experience: Designed specifically for the customer success rep, the app delivers the right information from inside the Salesforce1 Platform to simplify day-to-day work and maximize effectiveness – all while maintaining seamless connectivity to the rest of the organization. Configurable “Action Tiles” quickly guide work activities and provide a closed-loop view of customer success.
ServiceSource will be at Dreamforce if you want to see more. They are a Gold sponsor at Dreamforce® ’14, October 13-16. If you want to know more about what they are doing there at Dreamforce, here’s a link: http://www.servicesource.com/dreamforce.
The Salesforce1 Platform, ServiceSource Customer Success for Salesforce1 will be available in late fall 2014. To learn more about the ServiceSource Customer Service App, here’s a link: http://www.servicesource.com/customer-success
VP and Principal Analyst, Covering Customer Service, Sales and Marketing to Deliver Better Customer Experiences
Salesforce.com Announces New Salesforce1 Fund from Salesforce Ventures to Fuel Mobile Innovation for the Internet of Customers
What’s new in the land of start-ups? Well Salesforce.com just announced Salesforce Ventures which has allocated $100 million to invest in companies building innovative mobile apps and connected products that extend the power of the Salesforce1 Platform. The first wave of Salesforce1 Fund investments include DocuSign, i.am+, InsideSales.com and Skuid. The idea is that with Salesforce Ventures, portfolio companies can leverage the expertise of the Salesforce.com Foundation to make giving back part of their business model from the beginning.
Salesforce Ventures invests in the next generation of enterprise technology to help companies connect with their customers in entirely new ways. Portfolio companies receive funding to accelerate their growth and gain a competitive edge through access to the world’s largest cloud ecosystem and the guidance of salesforce.com’s innovators and executives. With Salesforce Ventures, portfolio companies can also leverage the expertise of the Salesforce.com Foundation to incorporate its 1-1-1 model of integrated philanthropy to make giving back part of their business model.
It makes sense since technology continues to transform the way companies connect with their customers. By 2020, according to Cisco, there will be 50 billion connected things and a trillion connected sensors on the Internet of Things—from smartphones and wearable smart devices to jet engines and cars. But what matters most is that behind every device, every app, and every product is a customer. This is really the Internet of Customers, and the opportunity for companies to revolutionize how they connect with their customers has never been greater.
More on the companies they are funding:
● DocuSign—DocuSign’s Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform empowers mobile Salesforce users and their customers to go 100 percent digital so that anyone can transact anything, anytime, anywhere, on any mobile device securely – all from within Salesforce1.
● Skuid—Skuid allows customers to quickly create powerful, gorgeous apps for any device without code.
The Salesforce Ventures portfolio includes innovative cloud companies such as Anaplan, Box, DocuSign, Dropbox, Evernote, FinancialForce, GainSight, Kenandy, Layer, MuleSoft and StayClassy. Salesforce.com has invested in more than 100 enterprise cloud startups since 2009. Looks like Salesforce Ventures is furthering salesforce.com’s commitment to creating the world’s most innovative cloud ecosystem that extends the power of the Salesforce1 Platform to help companies connect with their customers in entirely new ways.
If you want additional information on this new venture, you can find it here:
● Learn more about Salesforce Ventures: http://www.
● Follow @salesforcevc on Twitter: http://twitter.com/
● Learn more about the Salesforce.com Foundation: http://www.
And if you want to start giving back, join Salesforce Ventures and The Salesforce Foundation at Disrupt SF on Tuesday, September 9 to assemble backpacks for SFUSD students.
VP and Principle Analyst, Constellation Research
See you at Constellation’s 4th Annual Connected Enterprise
The Executive Innovation Conference | October 29th-31st
Half Moon Bay, CA | Ritz Carlton
Webinar: Multi-Channel MultiGenerational Customer Service- Gen X, Y, Millennials, Boomer, Silent Generation -Customer Experience
If you are in a business serving broad consumer markets, your customers are likely to span multiple generations – Gen X, Gen Y, millennials, boomers, silent generation and so on. A one-size-fits-all approach to customer engagement won’t work across these customer segments. Worse yet, you might miss large chunks of your market by not having a multi-generational customer engagement strategy.
It’s well-known that there are significant generational differences in lifestyles, service expectations, attitudes and technology use. For instance, while many of today’s toddlers use iPads, seniors often prefer basic, easy-to-use, cell phones. 92% of adults in the 18-29 age group use social versus 38% in the 65+ age group. Younger, social networking users expect faster service and prefer NOT to use the phone. If your whole operation is based on calls, you are not prepared for this next generation of customers. And to complicate matters, regardless of age group, many customers have also gone multichannel.
How can you plan for a multi-generational consumer engagement strategy?
How do you design and deliver generation-tailored customer journeys so you can outperform your competition?
I did a webinar on the topic of Multi-Channel MultiGenerational Customer Service with Don Muchow, Sr. Product Marketing Manager for eGain eGain, a leading provider of customer engagement software. Click on the graphic to listen to the webinar:
Learn. Share. Grow!
For more info on my work:
Ebook:Social Media ROISocial Media ROI YouTube Videos:
Video 1: Building the Business Case for Social Media
Video 2: How to Measure the ROI of Social Media
Video 3: How Social Media Benefits the Whole CompanyBook on Monetizing Facebook: Like My Stuff: How To Monetize Your Facebook Fans