About the SuperNova Awards
About the SuperNova Awards
Why is this announcement so important? Verint® Systems Inc. announced substantial enhancements to its Verint Workforce Optimization™ software designed to help contact center, back-office and branch operations better manage the performance of employees and operations.Armed with a brand new user experience and analytics, this latest release includes innovations in performance management to help organizations gain even greater insight into how employees are performing, how well goals are being met and how to better engage and take action on these insights.
This technology release comes at a time when market adoption for performance management software is projected to rise, according to research conducted by Saddletree Research. In a recent survey 22 percent of respondents identified performance management as the “most likely” solutions to be replaced in 2016.
Why Is It Important to Balance Cost, Quality and Customer Service? Managing performance and productivity in a typical enterprise is no easy task, given disparate systems, complex processes and the differences in performance metrics between roles and functions. Performance management is a practice and culture that applies to individuals, teams and departments. It requires organizational buy-in, transparency, regular measurement and a focus on business-oriented goals. To help companies master these dynamics, Verint Performance Management™ features a unified set of dashboards, scorecards, coaching, e-learning and amification capabilities that enable a closed-loop cycle and advanced approach to performance management.
What Does This Latest Release Feature? This latest release features a new state-of-the-art user interface that supports advanced visualization, data exploration, and analysis of employee and company-wide performance, providing critical executive insights that support time-sensitive decision making and actions. The enhancements also enable managers to work more effectively with the addition of new flexible scorecard widgets and dashboards. Likewise, employees benefit from a more intuitive performance scorecard and greater visibility into their individual metrics and achievement of goals.
What Does the Scorecard Include? The solution also features scorecard workspaces that offer performance summaries and overviews, heat mapping, performance comparisons and multiple views of key performance indicators (KPIs). Using these scorecard workspaces, users can visually and automatically identify answers to employee engagement questions, such as: Which employees are meeting and exceeding goals and which areas need improvement? Is the performance of employees consistent across time? Where is performance improving and declining? How do peer comparisons map and trend? And how does the performance of individual employees change over time?
How Can Companies Benefit from Advanced Analytics? In addition, a new improvement opportunities widget has been added to Verint Performance Management, enabling organizations to automatically surface KPIs that represent opportunity and improvement areas based on user-definable criteria and data analysis. With this capability, managers can quickly identify the employees and KPIs that need attention based on their scores or recent trends.
What Does Gamification Have To Do With Performance? Also embedded in this latest release is the ability to leverage Verint Gamification™, a solution that applies game mechanics and behavioral science “game thinking” in a business setting. Using gamification, organizations can engage employees, motivate them to improve skills and knowledge and solve problems, as well as enable them to take action and immediate control over their performance. The latest version of Verint Performance Management became generally available in November 2015.
For more information about Verint Workforce Optimization solutions, click here.
@DrNatalie Petouhoff, VP and Principal Analyst, Constellation Research
Doing Something Really Interesting in IOT Customer Experience or Cloud Customer Service? Apply for a SuperNova Award!
The SuperNova Awards honor leaders that demonstrate excellence in the application and adoption of new and emerging technologies. This is the sixth year of the Constellation SuperNova Awards. Are you using IoT to create great, new customer experiences. Has the move to the cloud made your customer service more agile and the customer’s experience much better? If so, let us know. We want to hear your stories of using and developing:
- IoT and creating awesome Customer Experiences
- IoT and creating awesome Customer Service (Field Service)
- IoT, the Customer Experience and its affects on Customer’s and Businesses Security/ Privacy
- Using IoT to deliver smarter Marketing
- Using the Marketing Cloud to Increase Conversion, Targeting, Relevancy…
- Using Customer Service Cloud to Service Customers Reactively, Proactively and Drive Marketing
- Using the Customer Experience Cloud To Drive Awesome Customer Experiences
- Using the Sales Cloud to Grow Win Ratios…
We will be recognizing nine individuals who demonstrate true leadership in digital business through their application of new and emerging technologies. We’re searching for leaders and teams who used disruptive technolgies to transform their organizations. Special recognition will be given to projects that seek to redefine how the enterprise uses technology on a large scale.
Are you really on the leading, bleeding edge? Then we are looking for you! If you are not on the edge, you are taking up too much room! We’re searching for the boldest, most transformative technology projects out there. If you or someone you know has what it takes to compete in the SuperNova Awards, fill out the application here
What’s the Timeline look like? I kinda hate to publish this, because everyone looks at it and thinks- Oh August – I have plenty of time! Don’t kid yourself. It takes time to not only do a great project but also document it! So don’t wait to the last minute… If you are up to something special, start jotting down your project info so you won’t be late with application submission!!! And make sure you have data to show your results!
- February 8, 2016 application process begins.
- August 8, 2016 last day for submissions.
- September 7, 2016 finalists announced and invited to Connected Enterprise.
- September 12, 2016 voting opens to the public
- September 21, 2016 polls close
- October 27, 2016 Winners announced, SuperNova Awards Gala Dinner at Connected Enterprise
Why bother? There’s lots of Rewards! Besides getting to hang out with me and a ton of other really outstanding and amazing leaders, and get to hear what the top companies in the world are doing, you’ll also get…
- One ticket to Constellation’s Connected Enterprise 2016
- Three month subscription to Constellation’s research library
- Three month membership in Constellation Executive Network, including three month access to Constellation Insights
Wondering Who Are the Judges?
The judges are technology thought leaders, analysts, and journalists selected for their futurist mindset and ability to separate substance from hype. The SuperNova Award Judges carefully evaluate each SuperNova Award application against a rigorous set of criteria. Judges will identify individuals who demonstrate true leadership in the application and adoption of new and emerging technologies. Want to catch a judge’s eye? Judges look for projects whose elements can be replicated in other enterprises. Want to know more about the awards and judges? You can learn more about the SuperNova Award Judges.
What Types of Projects or Inititatives Can Be Submitted? Here’s a list of the categories:
- Internet of Things – A network of smart objects enables smart services. (examples: sensors, smart ‘things’, device to purchase)
- Data to Decisions – Using data to make informed business decisions. (examples: big data, predictive analytics)
- Digital Marketing Transformation – Personalized, data-driven digital marketing.
- Future of Work: Social Business – The technologies enabling teams to work together efficiently. (examples: enterprise social networks, collaboration)
- Future of Work: Human Capital Management – Enabling your organization to utilize your workforce as an asset. (examples: talent management)
- Matrix Commerce – Commerce responds to changing realities from the supply chain to the storefront. (examples: digital retail, supply chain, payments, omni-channel retail)
- Next Generation Customer Experience – Customers in the digital age demand seamless service throughout all lifecycle stages and across all channels. (examples: crm, customer experience)
- Safety and Privacy – Strategies to secure sensitive data (examples: digital identity, information security, authentication)
- Technology Optimization & Innovation – Innovative methods to balance innovation and IT budgets. (examples: innovation in the cloud, ENSW cost savings, cloud ERP, efficient app production)
Who Won Last Year? I knew you would ask that, so here’s that info below. And they were all outstanding. Let’s see if you can beat what they did last year! We are really looking for the super stars. And you know who you are!
CoIT & The New C-Suite
Martin Brodbeck: CTO, Sterling Backcheck
Data to Decisions
Alda Mizaku: Lead Bus Solutions Analyst, Mercy
Digital Marketing Transformation
Naveen Gunti: Senior Director of e-Commerce Technology and Operations, Tumi Holdings, Inc.
Future of Work – Human Capital Management
Asha Aravindakshan: Operations Director, Global Talent, Ashoka
Future of Work – Social Business
Steve Nava: Senior Director Field Service, Americas, Luminex
Jordan Kivelstadt: CEO, Free Flow Wines
Next Generation Customer Experience
Dan Wallis: Director of KP OnCall, Kaiser Permanente
Technology Optimization & Innovation
Dr. David Bray: Chief Information Officer , Federal Communications Commissions
Erica Stevens: VP of Supply Chain and Information Technology, Dylan’s Candy Bar
LiNC features a lineup of leading global brands, top industry analysts, thought-leaders and business visionaries. You will be inspired by the best and brightest in business. There are workshops, certification & social strategy sessions with world-class, subject matter and experts. You can even connect with industry peers to share insights and ideas.
In terms of certifications there are a number of them. Some are already sold out want so you’ll want to check them out right away. Lithium’s new Moderation Certification was developed using Lithium’s own moderation model. This certification for individual moderators, moderation teams, community managers, and community stakeholders interested in understanding community dynamics and learning best practices to improve the tone, quality, and management of community content. The program covers:
- Characteristics of an effective moderator and the overarching goals of moderation
- Public and private community documents, including Terms of Service and Moderator Guidelines
- Maintaining a positive atmosphere though engagement with users
- Identifying and interacting with different types of community members
- Identifying and handling violations using the Five Levels of Moderation.
The Social Response Certification course is designed for social media professionals to advance their skills while developing a roadmap based on their specific business objectives for their implementation of social technology. This new certification is built around the latest Lithium Social Web technology, and it is filled with practical examples showing best-in-class integrations with the entire Lithium platform. Participants will come away with an actionable plan for high-scale, efficient customer engagement and response. Graduates gain the following professional benefits:
- How to best engage with customers on the social web to build brand advocates
- What monitoring tools can and cannot accomplish
- Techniques to improve social agents’ performance
- An understanding of recent trends in social behaviors
- How to optimize ROI for customer care teams; from call deflection to cost per resolution and the value of the solution created
- Identification and success measurement in the context of those objective
And the conference will start out with some Digital Leaders in Customer Experience
These will be companies like Brooks Running, Comcast, Google & Telstra. You will learn how four radically different brands are embracing digital to exceed customer expectations, create new market opportunities and transform their business. Senior executives from Brooks Running, Comcast, Google and Telstra will share their approach to digital, business outcomes and their aspirations for the future. Join us for these four company vignettes that show how these digital disruptors are achieving success and leading their industries into a new era of customer experience. Here’s who will be presenting… Loree Draude, Google — Monty Hamilton, Telstra — Tom Karinshak, Comcast — Heather Snavely, Brooks Running
The sessions at the conference will cover a wide range of topics including, Strategy, Execution, Results, Developers, Community Management, Social Experts, Mastering Metrics, Gamification, and an Unconference.
I’ll be there attending as an analyst. Hope to see you there!
@drnatalie VP and Principal Analyst Covering Marketing, Sales and Customer Service To Deliver Great Customer Experiences
The #AdobeSummit has begun and the news below, for the 6,000 digital marketers and senior leaders from the world’s top brands is being digested, while sharing best practices and networking. As a marketer, there never seems to be enough time to learn everything, but soak it up. It’s all here! And if you are here in person or not… here’s a round-up of what’s happening here:
- Adobe Pushed Boundaries of Marketing at Summit 2015 – At Summit 2015, Adobe is showcasing a range of innovation across its Adobe Marketing Cloud, including the unveiling of two new Adobe Marketing Cloud Solutions – Primetime and Audience Manager. Press Release
- Adobe Brings Digital Marketing to Internet of Things (IoT) – Adobe Marketing Cloud extends personalized experiences to physical spaces and machines; New IoT SDK enables brands to measure and analyze engagement across IoT devices. Press Release
- Adobe Streamlines Mobile Marketing and App Development. – Adobe is unveiling significant enhancements to Adobe Mobile Services, a Core Service across Adobe Marketing Cloud, that include a fully integrated mobile app framework. The new mobile app framework delivers the complete, integrated solution in the industry for developing and managing apps, and is the first to eliminate marketers’ dependence on an array of disjointed point solutions. Press Release
- Adobe Marketing Cloud Unites Data-driving Marketing and Ad Tech – Adobe is unveiling a new algorithmic engine and advances in Audience Core Services that enables brands to connect massive audience and behavioral data from a broad range of sources, while a new set of algorithms allow them to reach those audiences through Adobe Media Optimizer. Press Release
Joint Partner Announcements:
- Adobe and IBM Interactive Experience Announce Global Partnership – IBM Interactive Experience will build specialized enterprise consulting capabilities for Adobe Marketing Cloud. Combining the capabilities of Adobe Marketing Cloud with the design, digital and technology expertise of IBM Interactive Experience, enterprises can comprehensively integrate all the touch points of a consumer’s journey. Press Release.
- Accenture and Adobe Create Innovative, Pay-Per-Use Digital Marketing Service to Drive Greater Marketing ROI – Today Accenture and Adobe expand their alliance with the launch of Accenture Customer Engagement, a cloud-based managed service that simplifies the development, execution and measurement of digital marketing. Accenture Customer Engagement features digital marketing services from Accenture Interactive wrapped seamlessly around Adobe Marketing Cloud solutions. Press Release.
Partner-Issued Adobe Marketing Cloud Announcements:
- Kochava Partners with Adobe to Expand the Reach of Both Companies’ Mobile Analytics Capabilities
- Vibes Partners with Adobe to Help Power Mobile Marketing Campaigns in Adobe Marketing Cloud
- appFigures App Store Data To Be Integrated Into Adobe Analytics
- Razorfish Unveils the “Future NOW” of Retail at Adobe Summit
- Rosetta Launches Engagement Engine Powered By Adobe Marketing Cloud
- Put Your Calls Where Your Clicks Are DialogTech Announces Two New Integrations with Adobe Marketing Cloud
- Digital River Integrates with Adobe Experience Manager
- Searchmetrics Helps Adobe Experience Manager Users Build Superior Web Content Using Analysis From Millions Of Search Queries
- Agility Multichannel Collaborates with Adobe to Bring Brand and Product Experiences to Life
- BrightEdge Unveils LPO Intelligence Integration for Adobe Experience Manager
- Crittercism Joins Adobe Digital Marketing Solutions Partner Program
- Fiksu Announces Integration with Adobe Marketing Cloud
- IGATE Announces Integrated Customer Experience (CX) for Adobe Summit 2015
Adobe Blogs Provide Additional Information on the Latest News from Summit:
- ADI “Best of the Best 2015” Report: How Does Your Brand Stack Up Against The Best Of The Best?
- Introducing New Adobe Experience Manager: Innovations for Digital Experience
- Digital Asset Management & Rich Media Innovations Unveiled at Adobe Summit
- Adobe Campaign Announces New Solution to Enable Better Customer Engagement
- The Mandate for a Better Marketplace
- Adobe Marketing Cloud Drives Future of Programmatic Ad Buying
- Adobe Primetime, Marketing Cloud and the Future of TV: Personalized, Portable, Profitable
- Contribution Analysis Turns Days and Weeks into Seconds and Minutes
- Adobe Mobile App Analytics Puts a Play Button on Your Data
- Customer Attributes: The More You Know, The Better You Connect
- Transform Self-Serve Analysis with New Metrics Capabilities in Adobe Analytics
- Adobe Summit: What You’re Missing in Social
- ADI: M&E Master Of Mobile Domain, Apple Dominates Video
If you want all Adobe Summit announcement highlights, videos, images and more, you can go here: http://www.adobe.com/news-room/summit2015.htm
And you can follow the Twitter feed using the hashtag: #AdobeSummit
As you can see Adobe is addressing many of the issues that plague marketers, working to simplify, while giving marketers more control and options. As marketers are called to do more than just “push” messages and rather engage customers, more and more capabilities are required. The future is here, now. Digital Marketing education is not only necessary, it should be a requirement in every university!
VP and Principal Analyst, Covering Marketing, Sales, Digital, Social and Customer Service to Create Amazing Customer Experiences
Gamers include millions of Americans of all ages and backgrounds. In fact, nearly three-quarters of all American households play games. This vast audience fuels the growth of this multi-billion dollar industry and helps bring jobs to communities across the nation. Below is a list of the top 10 entertainment software industry facts:
- Consumers spent $25.1 billion on video games, hardware and accessories in 2010.
- Purchases of digital content accounted for 24 percent of game sales in 2010, generating $5.9 billion in revenue.
- Seventy-two percent of American households play computer or video games.
- The average game player is 37 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.
- The average age of the most frequent game purchaser is 41 years old.
- Forty-two percent of all game players are women. In fact, women over the age of 18 represent a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population (37 percent) than boys age 17 or younger (13 percent).
- In 2011, 29 percent of Americans over the age of 50 play video games, an increase from nine percent in 1999.
- Fifty-five percent of gamers play games on their phones or handheld device.
- Seventy-six percent of all games sold in 2010 were rated “E” for Everyone, “T” for Teen, or “E10+” for Everyone 10+. For more information on game ratings, please see www.esrb.org.
- Parents are present when games are purchased or rented 91 percent of the time.
Video games are now a mass medium, widely enjoyed on a variety of platforms by a diverse audience. The ESA’s 2011 Essential Facts About the Computer and Video Game Industry show that 72 percent of American households play computer and video games. The research also reveals other interesting demographic facts about today’s gamers and the games they play, including:
- The average gamer is 37 years old and has been playing for 12 years. Eighty-two percent of gamers are 18 years of age or older.
- Forty-two percent of all players are women and women over 18 years of age are one of the industry’s fastest growing demographics.
- Today, adult women represent a greater portion of the game-playing population (37 percent) than boys age 17 or younger (13 percent).
- Twenty-nine percent of game players are over the age of 50, an increase from nine percent in 1999. This figure is sure to rise in coming years with nursing homes and senior centers across the nation now incorporating video games into their activities.
- Sixty-five percent of gamers play games with other gamers in person.
- Fifty-five percent of gamers play games on their phones or handheld device.
- Ninety-one percent of the time parents are present at the time games are purchased or rented. Ninety-eight percent of parents are confident in the accuracy of the Entertainment Software Rating Board ratings. Seventy-five percent of parents believe that the parental controls available in all new video game consoles are useful.
- Parents also see several benefits of entertainment software. Sixty-eight percent of parents believe that game play provides mental stimulation or education, 57 percent believe games encourage their family to spend to time together, and 54 percent believe that game play helps their children connect with their friends.
According to data released by The NPD Group, a global market research company, the video game industry posted strong sales in 2010, generating more than $25 billion in revenue. Sales of game software and content, including games made for consoles, portable gaming devices and PCs, as well as digital full game downloads, downloadable content and social games, accounted for approximately $15.9 billion of that total.
The most popular game genre in 2010 was “Action,” which accounted for nearly 22 percent of all games sold. In addition, of the games sold in 2010, approximately 56 percent were rated “Everyone (E)” or “Everyone 10+ (E10+).”
Are you in? Learn, Share, Grow! @drnatalie
New Book on Facebook: Like My Stuff – How to Monetize Your Facebook Fans With Social Commerce & A Facebook Store
YouTube Videos: On ROI of Social Media
G+ : Google Plus posts
White Papers: Social Media ROI
- Gamification: You Got to Play to Win (business2community.com)
- Know What’s in the Video Game (education.com)
- Oklahoma Lawmaker Proposes Tax on Violent Video Games (wired.com)
- It’s a Game, It’s Fun… It’s Work? (web2.sys-con.com)
- Which Works Better: Gamification or Scholarly Rigor? (mrpullen.wordpress.com)
- How Gamification Can Make News Sites More Engaging (mashable.com)
- LG, Unity Technologies team up to bring video games to Smart TVs (venturebeat.com)
- What’s your Super Bowl gameplan? (zdnet.com)
- Game Theory for Marketing Automation (business2community.com)