Every experienced developer will tell you that before they invest their time in a platform, they need to know that the basics are covered. Foundational things like:
- APIs that matter, are easy to integrate and are standards-based.
- A portal where they can explore all the capabilities – from documentation, sample code and reference apps, to high-quality support and access to the entire community.
- A place where they can easily test their concepts, have robust test data analytics and get instant access to prove their ideas.
- A place where feedback matters and there is an opportunity to explore ideas with like-minded people.
- Lastly and most importantly, a program that operates with transparency and a commitment to long-term sustainability.
Building a sustainable, vibrant developer community is hard work. It isn’t just about APIs, SDKs or toolkits. It’s about working together to solve problems. Engaging community members wherever they are. Defining a long-term strategy that benefits all. Creating real revenue and business value to flow to everyone. Promoting those successes. And doing the hard work every day of supporting, servicing, communicating with, adjusting when necessary, and expanding the ecosystem around the community.
They are creating such a place. A place where ideas become tangible. A place to access technology that is essential to people’s everyday lives – money, finances, and identity. A place they call Capital One DevExchange.
It’s time that banking and financial services catch up to the rest of our digital-enabled lives. They still believe that information, technology and great people are the magical combination needed to drive innovation. But they also know that great people – including great developers, engineers, and product visionaries – are everywhere. And they want to work with you.The challenge isn’t just to convince people to devote their engineering and development resources to working with them. It’s also to make sure you have a voice in this community.
Maybe the world is changing? Nice to see people being considered as a key component!
Covering Digital Transformation