At the NRF Retail’s BIG Show, Adobe introduced several solution innovations for the Adobe Marketing Cloud that help retailers unify data, rich content, and campaign management into one platform. The new retail innovations include:
- Data-driven remarketing: For the first time (via Adobe Analytics integration with Adobe Campaign), retailers can connect both consumers’ behavior online and contextual data to create and send a user-defined remarketing trigger such as an email, push notification or SMS to increase the likelihood of purchase.
- Personalized push notifications: Mobile push notifications are now supported with robust analytics for delivering intuitive & personalized messages. With Adobe Mobile Core Services and Adobe Analytics, retailers can create rich audience segments and engage consumers based on factors such as shopping behavior and user preferences.
- Shoppable media experiences for ‘you’: First introduced at last year’s NRF conference, Adobe Experience Manager’s shoppable media experiences now integrates with Adobe Target to enable retailers to test and target interactive content in real-time to drive conversions across mobile, social, and in-store.
- Digital-meets-physical shopping: Adobe is extending its Adobe Experience Manager Screens capabilities to shoppable media, enabling retailers to reach consumers at home, on-the-go, in-store or wherever digital content proliferates.
In addition to these retail capabilities, Adobe also released a new Adobe Digital Index report, recapping holiday shopping trends:
- A record $83B was spent online this holiday season (Nov – Dec 2015)
- Online sales the week prior to Christmas saw tremendous growth
- Last minute shoppers increasingly looked to e-commerce to purchase their gifts in 2015 vs shopping at local retailers, resulting in a spike of online shopping 56%+ YoY
- The Holiday season made up 28% of annual online sales
- Smartphones dominated online shopping, overtaking tablets
- Highest discounts from display and social
- High online spend expected for Valentine’s Day
The drive for the best marketing cloud continues, as vendors increase the capabilities and offerings. It’s important for a brand to evaluate what they currently have and decide what they need to reach their business goals.
@DrNatalie Petouhoff, VP and Principal Analyst, Constellation Research